Re: D.C. Danger with water gaps

Original poster: "davep by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <davep-at-quik-dot-com>

Tesla list wrote:

> Original poster: "Tom Stathes by way of Terry Fritz
<twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <newphreak_16-at-yahoo-dot-com>

> --- Tesla list <tesla-at-pupman-dot-com> wrote:
> > Original poster: "Luc by way of Terry Fritz
> > <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <ludev-at-videotron.ca>

> > Tesla list wrote

> > > Original poster: "davep by way of Terry Fritz
> > <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>"
> > <davep-at-quik-dot-com>

> > >         Indeed.
> > >         And AC produces oxygen and hydrogen
> > together at each electrode.  In critical quantities...

> > Hi dwp

> > Not sure about that : Check cheap humidifier they
> > have just 2 electrodes inside the
> > water and it only heat the water. I think in 60
> > cycles current the oxygen and hydrogen
> > recombine as soon as they are produce.

	Perhaps.  OR they may be well enough vented as
	to not build up.

	My point was that AC amkes oxygen & hydrogen, just as DC
	does, and that care and thought are well applied.

> Hi, i think u are mistaken, i used standared AC to
> produce hydrogen and oxygen before, this way it dosen't
> eat the electrodes as quick.  The humidifier thing
> could be 2 heating elements.

	Perhpoas.  I have heard of the use of electrodes directly in
	the water to heat water, tho usually on large scale, rather than
	'...cheap humidifier...'.  I'd expect, as you do:

> Another potential source for a balast??

	...some sort of resistive heater.  Possibly a differnce in
	practice in different regions.  Cautionary Note:

		If using water heater elements a ballast, KEEP THEM
		COVERED.  They die REAL quick if run in air.

	best
	dwp