Re: Capacitors

Original poster: "Tim by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <warpath-at-wtp-dot-net>

Much and many Thanks, I am just learnig to "walk" and it sure is nice to have
someone hold my hand for a while. With the money that is going to be
invested, I
don't want to make any costly mistakes. You and others have been extremely
helpful.
I have downloaded your pics about the protection circuit for my NST and I am a
little unsure about where to start. I am not even sure what perf board is.
However,
I am going to make friends with the local Radio Shack and I will learn.
I do have a question in regards to the capacitance of the capacitors-Am I
supposed
to keep the capacitance in balance with the output of the transformer or
something
like that-that is- the transformer puts out 15K and the caps store it until
they
can't store anymore and then they release the voltage/energy to the spark
gap? I
won't get into the spark gap yet as I am "crawling" in that area. I am
reading all
the postings in this group(some 300 so far) to get a feel for what is going
on and
how to do things. I appreciate your patience in directing me. Again, I want
to say
thankyou.Later, Tim