Streamers longer than sparks?

Original poster: "Garry Freemyer by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <garry-at-ndfc-dot-com>

I notice that with the fine MMC I got from Sundog that the coil I built
using a static air cooled spark gap and a 12,000 60ma NST produces streamers
about three feet long. I've noticed a spark to a grounded object is quite a
bit shorter.

Anyone notice this too?

What would be the voltage estimation on a unit producing many 3 foot
streamers verses a single spark three foot long.

I imagine it would take a lot more voltage to produce a three foot streamer
than it would be to create multiple three foot streamers but it seems not to
be the case.