RE: Higher current same capacitor question

Original poster: "David Dean by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <deano-at-corridor-dot-net>

Hi Allen,

First thing let me say that the Resonant size for a pig or PT is irrelevant.
The ballast determines the resonant point. 36.7 mH in series with the low
voltage winding of the distribution transformer would make it resonant with
a 40nF tank cap at 50Hz. More inductance gives the appearance of LTR. Less
inductance gives the appearance of STR.

later

deano