Re: rotary question

In a message dated 2/25/01 11:44:02 PM Eastern Standard Time,
tesla-at-pupman-dot-com writes:

> 3:.
>  I think to get the maximum break rate with 8 flying electrodes at 45
>  degrees apart  the static electrodes need to be 22.5 degrees apart?

Bob,

That is correct.  you have I suppose 2 fixed electrodes at each side
of the rotor wheel.  Yes, they should be 22.5 degrees apart.  This will
double the bps as compared to having just 1 fixed electrode at each
side of the wheel.

Normally, using 2 fixed electrodes,  the bps = rpm divided by
60 x # of flying electrodes.

For example for a 3000 rpm motor, this would be 50 x 8 = 400 bps.
But if you have the two "extra" in-between fixed electrodes 22.5
degrees apart, this will increase the bps to double, or 800 bps.

Cheers,
John