Re: RQ gaps was -JF efficiency theory (again) - A possible work around.

Original poster: "by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <uncadoc-at-juno-dot-com>

Hi Gary, Mark.  How about a welders glass, they are inexpensive and come
in varying grades of ultraviolet sheilding.  Most common is a #10 glass,
which I use for arc welding.  I have also used this type of glass to take
pictures of the solar eclipses with my video camera and regular 35mm
camera, the pictures turned out quite well.  I think you could also
experiment with a #11 welders glass, which will really cut back on
ultraviolet.  You could also stack cheaper grades of lenses and arrange
them as you see fit.  They are not very large but you could arrange an
overlapping set to cover just about all your needs.  Your local welders
supply outlet will have these glasses in abundance, and they are
inexpensive.  Then there is the special glass adhesive that stained glass
artisians use that dries crystal clear and is impervious to ultraviolet
light that would allow you to fasten glass plates as you see fit without
worrying about u/v breakdown, the sunlight actually makes the bond
stronger!   Commercial glass shops and larger stained glass/mail order
retailers will have this special adhesive. You could even arrange a
circular stacked type filter using the special adhesive.  Al.

GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO!
http://dl.www.juno-dot-com/get/tagj.