Re: MOT's (also schematics now at my website for new 24" staccato TC

In a message dated 2/24/01 9:12:53 PM Eastern Standard Time, tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
writes:

>  Are there any more "good" parts in a microwave other than the MOT that
would
> be
>  of use to a coiler? It just so happens that I ran across a few freee ones
>  today.
>  Thanks,
>  Robert Lunsford
>  Charlotte, NC

Robert,

The diodes and the caps can be extremely useful, especially for
building a level-shifter (ac voltage doubler) power supply for a tube
Tesla coil.  They can also be used for spark gap TC's, and have
many other uses.  There are some ring magnets that can be torn
out of the magnetron.  You can see a tube coil that uses the level
shifter system at my webpage at:

    http://hometown.aol-dot-com/futuret/page2.html

There's a link there to my homepage where the schematic is at
the bottom of the linked page.

John Freau