Re: was: VTTC first sound Now: Safe Operating Procedures

Original poster: "Herwig Roscher by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <herwig.roscher-at-gmx.de>

David Sharpe wrote:

> Herwig, you have presented a very valuable piece of advice for all
of us HV experimenters to heed...

David,

Thank you for your really kind words. The procedure I described
proofed to be very useful especially when operating systems
containing energy storing components like HV-capacitors. These
parts should be discharged and shorted before any part of the
system is touched. It happend to me that I forgot to remove the
short circuiting lead before hitting the mains switch: BIG BANG
and a fried 28 kV-6-pulse-rectifier. So I leant it the "hard" way.

Regards,

Herwig