Re: The incredible inedible ignition coil

Original poster: "by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <Fucian-at-aol-dot-com>

In a message dated 2/23/01 9:47:06 AM Eastern Standard Time, tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
writes:

> you don't need feedback from the coil to make an oscillator.. You could use
> a resistor in the collector lead, for instance, coupled with a capacitor.
>
> Or make a 555 driving a 2n3055 type circuit.
>
> BTW I'd use something like a horizontal flyback transistor or a electronic
> ignition transistor.  They have much higher BVceo than that 60V for the
> 2n3055.

Oh yea!I once saw a circuit for a soldid state tesla coil using just a power
transistor 2n3055 and a resistor and capacitor.I forgot how it was
connected.Seems simple but can someone help me out?

matt