Re: "Scotty, Beam me up!"

Hi Robert,

I assume you can get the transmitting coil going ok...

What you need is a second coil that is "tuned" to the same frequency as the
transmitting coil.  The standard equations and programs should do there.

If your receiving coil is close and you ground the base, you may get
streamers off the second coil.  With more distance you may have to hook
some kind of current meter that can detect ~300kHz currents in the ground
lead.  Maybe just a small flashlight bulb...

So you need to get the frequencies matched up and have some way to detect
the current in the ground lead of the second coil.  That really is about
all there is to it...

Would be interesting to hear of how far away you can get before the signal
is gone...

Cheers,

	Terry