Re: Cap voltage - time

Original poster: "Dr. Duncan Cadd by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <dunckx-at-freeuk-dot-com>

Hi Kevin, All!

>Original poster: "kevin wilson by way of Terry Fritz
<twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <thebiggiantkevin-at-hotmail-dot-com>

>Could someone please give me the equation to find a caps exact
voltage after
>a given charge time? Probably a basic equation, but I cant find it
anywhere.
>Thanks

For resonant charging from a sinusoidal voltage using a synchronous
rotary gap the cap voltage is:

V = [ E / 2 ] [ sin(wt) - wt.cos(wt) ]

where E is the peak volts available from the transformer = 1,414 x the
rms volts, w = 2.pi.f, f is the mains frequency, and sine and cosine
are in radians.  Multiply the (wt) (but not the wt without brackets)
by 57,296 if you want to work out the sine and cosine in degrees.

Dunckx