GETTING CLOSER!

Original poster: "Nathan Morris by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <themfam-at-home-dot-com>

Hello all,
This is the current status of my coil and some questions that have come up
along the way.
4 x 19 inch Secondary: 1600+ turns of #20 mag wire, complete with a modified
antique glass insulator for a torroid mount.
Primary:  The form is complete and will be wound with close to 50 feet of red
insulated, stranded 10 AWG.
Variac: 3.75 amps 145 VAC out, fused at 10amps and will be used to boost my
tranny. (Will not be used on first light run)
Trannys: 2 each 12kv 30ma NSTs. (Only one will be used on first light run)
MMC:  Two rows of four oil filled porcelain caps found on ebay for a total of
.01uf.
Static gap: 4 pair of contacts, each individually adjustable.

Questions:
1) What is a good distance to set my gaps at for tuning?
2) How critical is coupling and what sounds like a reasonable K for me?
3) Who would like to sell me a spun aluminum torroid without dents?
4) Is there any way to do a low voltage set up first? I have a function
generator and a scope and would like to incorporate them into the tuning
process.
5) Does anyone know where I can find some information on the Teslathon in Ft.
Worth Texas?

Remarks:
The Museum of Science and Industry in Chicago has an original TC built by the
man himself.  It was nice to revel in his handy work although I was put-off by
the lack information at the display.  There were no more than 40 words!  Talk
about a missed opportunity.  I couldn't believe it.  The next time I get
inspired, Chicago's Museum of Science and Industry will be hearing from me
about it.

Thanks for reading,
--Nate  Arlington TX