Questions.

Original poster: "Joshua H Ball by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <jhmball-at-juno-dot-com>

Hello list.
I've been on the list for a while and am looking to build a my first coil
 in the near future. I have a few questions:

1.  What should be a good target frequency for a coil?  What are the
pro's and con's of a higher or lower frequency?  What effect does the
input ac's frequency have?

2.  I have found some caps I can get for a relatively good price and
would like to use them for my coil.  Are these in the right ballpark for
tesla coils?
	  .001 UF 10 KV AXIAL CERAMIC DISC CAPACITOR   $ 1.00 each

3.  When demonstrating a coil indoors what do you use for a ground?  Do
you simply run a wire to outside?

4.  Wouldn't a conical secondary be more efficient than a cylindrical
one?  One reason being that the magnetic force from the lower wider part
of the secondary coil would create a higher voltage on the smaller higher
part.  Know what i'm saying?

I think that's all for now.  Thanks,

		-Josh B.