component sizing

Original poster: "The Backs by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <tcback-at-cbpu-dot-com>

I am in the process of building my first coil and I have a few questions.
 The secondary is 10.25" diameter on a PVC pipe.  It has about 916 windings
of 20GA wire.  For the Primary, I am planning on using 1/4" copper tubing
wound at a 15 degree inverse conical. the spacing between winding on the
primary is 1/2".  I have not "wound" the primary yet, but I was planning on
15 windings.  but I have notches in my supports for up to 17 winding. I
currently have 1 15/60 NST that I am planning on using to power it, but I
was going to try to get at least two more of them.

Now for the questions.

1.  From Ed Sonderman's Excel spread sheet I was planning on trying to get
a tank cap with a value of around .028 uF.  Does this sound correct, and if
so, what is the best way of obtaining the tank caps?  I have a limited
budget, but I am also trying to make a very nice looking coil.

2.  I wanted to make a RSG.  I have access to some DC motors and
controllers, but I have seen a few places mention that an async-RSG is bad
news for NST's.  should I stay away from the DC motors?

3.  I have some 1 1/2" acrylic that I was planning to use for the rotor of
my RSG.  I am planning on drilling and tapping 1/4-20 holes in it and using
threaded rod with acorn nuts on the ends for my electrodes.  is this a good
plan or bad?

4.  RF chokes.  what are some good designs, and How do I size them?

5.  what is the best method of constructing a toroid that would be large
enough for my coil?

Thank for your help

Tom Back