Re: Mot DC Ps

Original poster: "Ed Phillips by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <evp-at-pacbell-dot-net>

> That is an interesting point. I've seen the circuit referred to as a
> full wave voltage doubler and conclude that this is because the
> transformer winding is delivering load power on both half cycles. It
> follows that copper utilization is better for this circuit than for
> the classic halfwave VD.
>
> Regards,
> malcolm
> <snip>

	That is correct.  For a fixed capacitor size, the voltage regulation is
better for the full-wave doubler and the ripple is at twice line
frequency.  Down side is that the transformer secondary must be floating
if one side of the output is to be grounded.

Ed