RE: Y'now Dad...........

Original poster: "sundog by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <sundog-at-timeship-dot-net>

Hi All, Drew

  The wheel gets re-invented every day.  That's the only way to make it
better, or else we'd still be using flat logs to roll under a platform.
Through all of history, anything discovered is pretty "crappy" until others
tinker with it and figure out how to make it better.  Lookit electricity,
nuclear energy, and of course, the MMC.  We'd all still be rolling those
nasty poly-oil caps or using SW caps if it wasn't for the MMC and those who
took the time to find out what works and what don't.  Thanks to the MMC,
even the beginners' sparklength has increased, there's been less frustration
over blown caps.

 So you're doing something that's been done before.  TC's are easy to build,
easy to run, and produce a result quite unlike anything you'd expect out of
such a modest (and simple!) machine.  They're great for introducing ppl
(especially kids) to the neat and fun asects of science.  Add to that the
personal satisfaction of watching *your* creation blow off sparks is a reall
kick.

 Besides, use my favorite argument...
   "Yeah, other poeple have done it before me.  Other poeple breathe too, so
do you not want to because it's aleady been done?"

										Caio!        Shad