Re: Y'now Dad...........

Original poster: "Gregory Hunter by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <ghunter31014-at-yahoo-dot-com>

Hi Drew,

My coiling activities have drawn similar responses
from others.  The root of the question is "why are you
doing this?" The short answer is "because I like doing
it!"  As long as we are questioning the usefulness of
hobbies, why do people fool with sailboats? They are
obsolete, and power boats are much more practical as
transportation.  And why to HAM radio nuts fool around
with HF DX, it would be much easier and cheaper to
just pick up the phone and call whoever on Earth they
want to talk to. People do what they do because they
enjoy it. For me, coiling is an educational hobby.
Every time I tinker with a coil I learn something new
about electricity and electrical hardware.  Besides,
the sparks look cool.

Greg
www.angelfire-dot-com/ga3/tesla