Re: Does it matter which way i wind my secondary?

Original poster: "Antonio Carlos M. de Queiroz by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <acmq-at-compuland-dot-com.br>

Tesla list wrote:

> Original poster: "Jan Wagner by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>"
<jwagner-at-cc.hut.fi>

> But, in a twin TC coil, the winding sense in which the secondaries are
> placed does play a role. They have to be placed so that, considering
> primary coil winding directions, the output will be 180 degrees phase
> shifted - this is if you want to have the streamer breakouts between
> these secondaries. If the streamers should repel each other, you'll
> have to place that way round so you get 0 degrees phase shift.

Has someone verified if this really happens? That is, mounting one of
the coils of a twin system in the normal position and upside down and
observing the output?

Antonio Carlos M. de Queiroz