Re: VTTC output

Original poster: "Herwig Roscher by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <herwig.roscher-at-gmx.de>

Ed Phillips wrote:

> Only problem is how to get to that optimum tuning, particularly
when dealing with a non-linear and reactive load.

Ed,

Trying to max out my system I connected a 5 Ohm resistor
between the base of the secondary and rf ground. I scoped the
voltage across this resistor and found it to be 20 Vpp at low input
power levels.

Increasing the input power real streamers started growing from the
brush, resulting in about 40 Vpp across the resistor. From this
value an effective current of about 2.5 A is calculated and I'm
wondering when the AWG 26 will become hot.

Non-linearities and surprises all over!

Regards,

Herwig