Re: LTR Pig continues

Original poster: "Kurt Schraner by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <k.schraner-at-datacomm.ch>

Hi Shad,

Tesla list wrote:

> Original poster: "sundog by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>"
<sundog-at-timeship-dot-net>

<snip>

>  The toroid.....Uuuuhhhhhhh...Hmm.  That's where it gets a little tricky.
> It'll be pretty huge, as the bangsize will allow for a really high voltage
> to be kicked out.  how much voltage, I don't know, and don't have enough
> experience with large coils to guess.  On my 2x13 coil it easily pushed a
> 20" streamer from a 3x15 toroid, sometimes 2 streamers.  On the large coil
> dave built I think it used a 10x48 (i may be wrong) beautiful smoth toroid
> and got a single streamer, easily in the 8-10' range.  That was also at
> 360bps on a .075uf cap.  Running LTR I would think I can get a bigger
> topload on it, with the bigger bangsize and all.  Ideas and thoughts?
> Comments are welcome!
>                                           Shad

You might consider a big toroid, like my 63"/15" toroid, produced
by a tube-insulating workshop (don't know, if in the US such
workshops are usual, however). It would save you a lot of work,
and is relatively cheap. To see, how it's manufactured, please
look at:

http://home.datacomm.ch/k.schraner/galanis.htm

The way it's looking when on top of the coil is at:

http://home.datacomm.ch/k.schraner/bw_fl.htm

Cheers,
Kurt Schraner