Frequency Sweep

Hi All,

With my Agilent 33120 signal generator and my digital scope, I found I can
do some nice frequency sweeps of my coil.  Below is a sweep of my bare
small coil from 1kHz to 2.5MHz.  The sweep is linear at 250kHz/div.

http://hot-streamer-dot-com/TeslaCoils/Misc/SmallCoilSweep.jpg

You can clearly see the first six resonances.  The drive signal was 20
volts peak to peak with a 50 ohm source.  I was surprised to see the coil
could reach 700 volts peak with the 2.7pF 10 Meg probe loading! (Tek 5100)

We always know those resonances are there but it is neat to actually see
them so well for real...

Cheers,

	Terry