RE: Formulas

Original poster: "David Dean by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <deano-at-corridor-dot-net>

Hi Jason,

I just put a lookup table with some wire sizes from a wire table and the
following formula for max TPI
  =1/(J13*1.05)
in the output cell, and the lookup function in cell J13
  = VLOOKUP(F9,A242:B250,2)
F9 is the input cell where you put the gauge of the wire you want to
calculate for,
and the lookup table has the following info in it.

Wire size table
Row     Column
        A       B
242   18	   0.0437
243   20       0.0346
244   22       0.0276
245   24       0.0223
246   26	   0.0178
247   28	   0.0144
248   32	   0.0095
249   36	   0.006
250   40	   0.0038

Of course you might want to have more sizes. These diameters are for heavy
build magnet wire and come from WireTron.  Any wire table will do, but be
aware that the thickness of the insulation will vary from manufacturer to
manufacturer a bit.

later
deano