LTR Pig continues

Original poster: "sundog by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <sundog-at-timeship-dot-net>

Hi all,

  Yep.  The LTR pig trundles on.  I'm aiming to have it ready for the 2nd
Annual FL Mini-Teslathon (maybe a full blown teslathon this year?)  I still
have a few months to work on it, so there's no mad scramble to get it done.

  The 10x60 form for the extra coil came in (Thanks Marc!), and is cleaning
up beautifully. It'll most likely get wound with 20ga wire.
(base-current-capability providing).  beefy :)   The driver's form (55 gal
HDPE drum) is waiting for me in Tampa.  I just can't get the time to go grab
it.  It'll be around 24" diameter and ~33-35" windable (I'm not positive
what the dimensions are exactly).  It'll most likely get wound with 18-16ga
wire.

  The problems with the primary will be taken care of at that point, thanks
to the much higher inductance.  The caps will be at a safe and sane RMS
current.    So let's hope no more exploding Panasonic caps in the MMC banks.
The coil running at a low freq will help too.

 The toroid.....Uuuuhhhhhhh...Hmm.  That's where it gets a little tricky.
It'll be pretty huge, as the bangsize will allow for a really high voltage
to be kicked out.  how much voltage, I don't know, and don't have enough
experience with large coils to guess.  On my 2x13 coil it easily pushed a
20" streamer from a 3x15 toroid, sometimes 2 streamers.  On the large coil
dave built I think it used a 10x48 (i may be wrong) beautiful smoth toroid
and got a single streamer, easily in the 8-10' range.  That was also at
360bps on a .075uf cap.  Running LTR I would think I can get a bigger
topload on it, with the bigger bangsize and all.  Ideas and thoughts?
Comments are welcome!
												Shad