Re: VTTC output

In a message dated 2/14/01 10:12:55 AM Eastern Standard Time,
tesla-at-pupman-dot-com writes:

> John Freau wrote:
>
>  > Your tube should handle 4 times the power (as mine), and
>  your spark length is twice as long.... seems about right to me.
>
>  John,
>
>  Good to read! So I'm in the ball park.

Herwig,

I made a mistake the other day and forgot what my plate voltage
was.  Your tube should handle about 8 times the power of mine
because of your much higher plate voltage.  But then again my
tube got too red...  so it's hard to estimate the whole comparison.

Yes, in thinking about it later, I realized that the thin wire is OK
because of your high tank Z.  But the secondary may benefit if
it used thicker wire?  IT would need to be physically bigger to
obtain the proper frequency to tune with the primary though.  I don't
really know how much this would help, or if it would help at all.

>  > I haven't done much experimentation in that area though....  but I
>  plan to.
>  - What are you planning to do (if no secret) ?

I plan to build a new tube coil using thicker wire on the secondary
and see if it's any better than my old thin wire secondary.

John