Re: VTTC output

In a message dated 2/13/01 7:16:52 PM Eastern Standard Time, tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
writes:

> Also the primary wire seems very
>  thin, #15? (AWG American Wire Gauge?), impresive that it wasn't getting
>  hot! I use #12 and it will get warm after a couple minuts of 2 KW Filtered
>  DC, whimpy 4-5 inch flame, ;-)
>
>  Regards,
>
>  David Trimmell

David,

Herwig is using 10kV plate voltage, and something like 65 turns
in the secondary with a small value cap.  So his plate Z is high,
and tank current is lower than normal, so it tolerates
the thin wire.  High voltages contribute a lot to the efficiency of
a VTTC.

John Freau