Re: Electrode holder material for a high-power RSG

Original poster: "Mark Broker by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <broker-at-uwplatt.edu>

> Hi Mark,
>     Just guessing here but I don't think it sounds like a good idea to have
> beryllium alloys
> anywhere near a spark gap. Beryllium oxides are very toxic. The rotary will
> spread it around
> liberally I would think.
>
> cheers
> bob golding.

Yes, perhaps best to not use it (price tag puts a damper on it too - $260 for
the 3 foot section I need!  Ouch!).  I thought it looked good due to the
spark-resistant nature of the alloy.  Since my elctrodes are so short (came
that way), I'm worried that the holders will end up taking most of the arcs,
and not the tungsten carbide electrodes.

thanks,
Mark B