Re: Meissner oscillator

Original poster: "Herwig Roscher by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <herwig.roscher-at-gmx.de>

Ed Phillips wrote:

>  If there are no excess losses any oscillator with the same grid
drive power should produce the same power output, provided the
plate circuit presents the same resistive load to the tube.

Ed,

Of course you are right.

> By the way, the Meissner circuit has always seemed awkward to
me; I prefer simple Colpits or Hartley oscillators.
- VTTC builders seem to prefer Meissner oscillators because it
provides galvanic separation between control grid and plate by itself
without the use of additional HV-capacitors.

>  Should mention that when an oscillator drives a relatively high-Q
resonant load such as a TC, circuit adjustment can be much
harder than when matching into an antenna or other low-Q load.
- This problem I'm facing right now!

Regards,

Herwig