Corprate Sponsorship Was: In Search of Historical Photos & Documents

Original poster: "Troy Peterson by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <tpeterso-at-home-dot-com>

Greetings list!

< Snipz >

> BTW, has anyone considered getting a corporate sponsor for their coiling
> activities? I mean something like the corporations helping with the
funding
> of coiling, and in return the coiler could give demonstrations while sort
of
> advertising for them? I'm thinking of looking into this, as the budget of
> 14-year-old is severly limited.

Hmmmm.... Interesting concept.... Very interesting. You see I was actually
considering starting up an official High Voltage Experimenters club at Devry
Institute of Technology here in Calgary. We would then be able to seek
corporate sponsorship assuming that we take our coils to Teslathons and
stuff to show off the advertising. We would also be eligible for small
grants from the school to fund our hobby. I haven't found anyone else
interested in HV here yet though and I haven't had the time to look into it
further. There is an amateur laser club here, and I think that this would be
along the same sort of lines, although I don't think they look for sponsor
ship and I don't believe they build their own lasers.

Regards,
Troy Peterson  [VE7SOK]
tpeterso-at-home-dot-com
tpeterso-at-cal.devry.ca