Re: multigap

Original poster: "Dr. Duncan Cadd by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <dunckx-at-freeuk-dot-com>

Hi Chuck!

Looks like you've got into this game with a lot less bother than I
had.  If you want a chuckle at the hard way of doing things you can
see it at:

http://home.freeuk-dot-net/dunckx/wireless/quenched/quenched_gap.html

There will be more photos shortly, possibly this weekend (I picked
them up from the chemist today :-)

The only thing which does, well, not exactly worry me (OK it worries
me) is that with the tubes at right angles, the actual 'contact'
surface area where the sparks strike is going to be very small.  In
practice you may find this makes absolutely no difference whatsoever,
but I just wonder whether intense local oxidation will cause muck
build up so rapidly that they tend to short.  Time and experience will
no doubt tell.

Regarding performance, yes, multiple gaps are nice!  I have ten for
10kV (actually they're a little long and only eight are usually in use
without the spark-stretching choke) and if it was not so much work and
expense would have loved to have doubled that number.  Maybe one day
when I'm feeling both rich and masochistic . . .

Dunckx