Re: Telsa Tornandos, was: Sword-like VTTC spark pics - Here's a pic of a sprite off a toroid.

Original poster: "Garry Freemyer by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <garry-at-ndfc-dot-com>

The link below is to a picture of my tesla coil in operation last Saturday.
I think this big spark off the top might qualify. It certainly is fatter,
longer and is corkscrew shaped. This is a typical air-cooled static spark
gap coil using a 12" spun aluminum toriod.

http://home.pacbell-dot-net/garryfre/Tesla_010203-007.jpg

Just for grins here is the other two pics ...

http://home.pacbell-dot-net/garryfre/Tesla_010203-004.jpg

http://home.pacbell-dot-net/garryfre/Tesla_010203-006.jpg

I got no replies from my earlier post of a picture. I wonder if anyone saw
it. The sparks remind me of my hair in the morning.