Hood mounted tiny tesla coil?

Original poster: "Garry Freemyer by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <garry-at-ndfc-dot-com>

I was just thinking (OH NO!) of a new project. A small tesla coil powered
via by my car battery that would mount on a magna mount on the hood of the
car and put out maybe 3" sparks. I think this would be awesome, and a real
attention getter as long as it wasn't the kind of attention I don't want. I
can see me sitting at night at a red light zapping away and getting
astonished looks.

One problem I see with this is the RF getting into the computer of the car
and damaging it but maybe filtering might help, or some other way of
designing the coil. Maybe a two pole coil where the secondary was not
grounded.

Just want to get some thoughts on this.