Tesla in Transmetropolitan

Original poster: "Christopher Boden by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <chrisboden-at-hotmail-dot-com>

I'm an avid reader of the Transmetropolitan graphic novels and stumbled
across something I thought you guys might get a kick out of. Since this is
Tesla only and not Coil related I ask that all replys be sent directly to me
off-list. Though any other Transmet readers out there should definatly email
me :)

Here's a direct quote from page 1 of issue 6 the "God Riding Shotgun" issue
by Warren Ellis and Darrick Robertson the main character Spider Jerusalem
says

"So this Zealot comes to my door asking me if I ever think about God....(I'm
editing out this paragraph because of the intense amount of flames it would
get me)....So he pulls an alternating-current taser on me and tells me that
only the official Serbian Church of Tesla can save my polyphase intrinsic
electric field, known to non engineers as "the soul"."

It's not like a science lesson, but it's rare that in something like a Comic
Book that whoever drops the name of Tesla would know enough to include
Serbian and Polyphase...I was impressed, and I have a letter in to Ellis to
check out the rest of this.

It's nothing big, I just thought it was cool. btw, I'm not a big fan of
comics, but Transmet is a great read, if you're easily offended though,
don't even think about it. It's not for the weak.

Have fun campers!

Christopher A. Boden Geek#1
President / C.E.O. / Alpha Geek
The Geek Group