Re: Spark Dissipation

In a message dated 2/2/01 7:45:13 PM Eastern Standard Time, tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
writes:

> Yes, I think that i remember these experiments. Note, however,
>  that the sparks were observed at "steady state", and the rule
>  of more power = longer sparks is clearly valid in this condition.
>  With just two breaks one after the other probably the difference
>  is too small to be clearly observed. There are many variables
>  to allow clear conclusions. A difference in temperature or humidity
>  in the air, or just a grain of dust in the terminal, can make
>  dramatic changes in the outcome of these experiments.
>
>  Antonio Carlos M. de Queiroz

Antonio, Gary,

I see what you're saying now, and Gary also said the same thing
about the just two breaks, then a long time duration.  That's a good
point.  I didn't realize a grain of dust could have that much effect,
that's very interesting.  This all is an interesting issue.

John