Re: Spark Dissipation

In a message dated 2/2/01 3:45:29 PM Eastern Standard Time, tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
writes:

>  Gary, John F. -
>
>  What are the input volts, amps, and wattage when you say the spark length
>  changes with the BPS?
>
>  John Couture

John,

What I meant is that if the bang size (cap energy) remains constant,
and the bps is raised, then the sparks grow longer.  If the bps is
doubled, the input power will double also, but the sparks increase
by only 20% in length.  However if I keep the bps low, and double
the bang size, my sparks increase by about 40% (square law).

So increasing the bps gives longer sparks, but is only about
half as "efficient" at producing longer sparks as increasing the
bang size, and keeping the bps unchanged.

John