Synchronous motor question

Original poster: "tesla by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <tesla-at-cyberverse-dot-com>

I have several of those small ac motors that are usually found running small
fans like in bathrooms. I am thinking of making a tabletop coil, with one of
those motors as a RSG. That is of course, if I can modify the motor to run
as a syncronous motor. I don't care if it's self-starting, I can start it
with my hand before I power the coil up. Anyone try this?

GL