Re: Good or Bad MMC?

Original poster: "Barton B. Anderson by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <tesla123-at-pacbell-dot-net>

Hi Trent,

The Type 715P Orange Drop is a film/foil cap. For MMC use, you want the
"Metallized" Polypropylene Film Capacitors. Orange Drops will end in an M for
metallized types.

If you are able to get the 715P at 0.25 ea., then possibly you should check
into 725M, 727M, or 757M caps. These are new. I suspect the 727M may be the one
best suited for MMC applications. However, I don't know if anyone has tried
these caps yet in MMC use. They go as high as 2.2uF. Lead spacing ranges from
10 - 15mm.

Just something you might want to check into. Terry and other MMC's users (I am
not) are better equiped to tell you why Metallized PP Caps are important.

Take care,
Bart