Re: electrocution experiences

Original poster: "Shaun Epp by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <scepp-at-mts-dot-net>

> > Original poster: "J Whyte by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>"
> <xoom321-at-hotmail-dot-com>
> >
> > Q: Anyone here been accidently hit by the secondary output streamers of
> > LARGE tesla coil??? Any electrocution stories out their???
> >
> > (this maybe slightly off topic) but very important as a lesson in what
NOT
> > TO DO!!!

Well I've taken multiple shocks (hundreds) off of my old (first attempt)
telsa coil and I I'd get was a mild tingling sensation and warming of the
tips of my fingers.  The coil was running at a  harmonic,  a 3" by 12"
secondary using 23 gauge wire.  At the time I was running it, I wasn't aware
why the coil was glowing with high voltage about a 1/3 to 1/2 way up the
coil.  I used a 10Kv 23mA OBIT , a single spark gap that didn't work to
well.  The primary was a verticle copper tubing coil that made the system
way overcoupled.  Actually I always used my fingers to draw sparks off of
this coil.  I would NEVER do this with a larger coil and/or one running
fundemental mode.

I've also recieved shocks from a transcutaneous pace maker (they pass
electricity across your chest, front to back) by acidentally touching both
electrode wire when It was running.  I really tested that one, good thing is
was set to low output.  It hurt, but no damage.  I burned to tips of my
fingers with an electrosurgical genorator, it stings and left small burn
marks on the tips of my fingers that healed in a few days, good thing they
only put out 30 watts.  And  330 Vdc from the inside of an oscilloscope,
good shock... I became angery with it but no damage.

So, here's some minor shock stories.
Shaun Epp