Re: S.s. MOSFET-driving

Hi Ken,

You may want to see Marco's discussion of IGBT drive problems and fixes at:

 http://personal.inet.fi/atk/dncmrc/

I found that I needed series resistance (100 ohms) to slow down the IC's
switching speed or they would blow the IGBTs.  The IC designers wanted to force
the gate capacitance to the voltage they want instantly and they did a bit
"too" good of a job ;-))  That is the only trouble I ran into but I don't have
transformers and such (fiber optic).

Cheers,

        Terry