Re: Christmas Tree Coiling

Original poster: "by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <Mddeming-at-aol-dot-com>

In a message dated 12/28/01 2:14:27 AM Eastern Standard Time, tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
writes:

> > Original poster: "Christopher Boden by way of Terry Fritz
> <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <chrisboden-at-hotmail-dot-com>
> >
> > Does anyone know where to get one of those Al trees? I'm SURE someone
> still
> > makes them.
> >
> > Has anyone ever tried one as a topload?
> >

> > duck

Hi duck,
         Almost all "metallized" trees are now made of coated Mylar, not
aluminum foil. The Al foil tends to crush easily, the plastic doesn't. They're
probably as hard to find as the real foil "icicles" . I saw one of the real
1960s Al trees go at an estate sale for $250+ last year. You may have to
scrounge yard sales, they've become collectibles!
Matt D.
G3-1085