RE: Solid State Tesla Coil Book Available

Original poster: "Loudner, Godfrey by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <gloudner-at-SINTE.EDU>

Hello Antonio

The ideally exact formula for an isolated toroid is located at
http://www.eece.ksu.edu/~gjohnson . Since the formula is an infinite series
of Legendre functions of two types, numerical computation is a problem. I
don't know yet the rate of convergence of the series. An error term will
have to be derived. If particular values of the parameters required the
addition of 100 terms of the series to obtain three place accuracy, then a
software package like Mathematica or Maple would be necessary. The formula
has an appealing analytical look, but is a computational nightmare. A toroid
used as a top load of a tesla coil is not isolated, but the formula could
have theoretical value.

BTW math. people use the word torus for the word toroid.

Godfrey Loudner