From: Tesla list [mailto:tesla-at-pupman-dot-com]
Sent: Wednesday, December 26, 2001 9:13 PM
To: tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
Subject: SCR instead of MOSFET?

Original poster: "by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>"
<Fucian-at-aol-dot-com>

Hi all, i am wondering if an SCR would work as well as a MOSFET?Since these
MOSFETs have SO many ways to die, maybe an SCR would do better?I have some
big SCRs.Studs and hockey puck types.So they can take WAY more than a
MOSFET.And all i got to worry about is CEMF.Is there any reason why it
shouldnt work?

Thanks,
Matt