Re: Another question

Original poster: "by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <Hollmike-at-aol-dot-com>

I remember reading something about the phenomenon that abrupt change in
dielectric constant, such as glass to air, can cause arcs to travel along the
interface much  easier than through either of the mediums them selves.  Don't
know that there is a name to this phenomenon, but I watched a demonstration of
this at the Tesla museum as well.
Mike