TSG Influence on transformer

Original poster: "Kamil Kompa by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <tcmail-at-poczta.fm>

Hi !

I hawe made a triggered spark gap, and today I wanted to test it with my TC.
Unfortunately it was working only about 2 minutes and then my
power transformer was destroyed (there was an arcing inside the transformer).
I used my TSG only with tank circuit assembled, so I haven't even seen if my
TC works better with this gap then with copper pipe gap (with 3 gaps, 1.5mm
each
it makes about 1m streamers). It's not a problem that my transformer is
destroyed,
because I wound it with self made machine, so I can do this again. I want
to ask You
if TSG can influence transformer? My transformer was 11.5kV.
TSG driver (dimmer and ignition coil) voltage was much higher
(spark could be about 5cm long). Could this fact cause the damage?
What do You think about this? Was the damage normal power transformer failure,
or too high voltage of TSG could cause arcing inside the transformer?
Thank You for all sugestions.

Kamil Kompa

Twoja nowa poczta. >> http://poczta.interia.pl/