Re: 555 50% duty cycle

Original poster: "anthony butler by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <anthony-at-glasspusher43.fsnet.co.uk>

Hi Matt,

Terry is right. However, I have another method of achieving 50% duty
cycle....................

Forward bias a diode across pins 7 & 6.
 i.e. in parallel with Rb (In the standard oscillator configuration where Ra
denotes the resistor between pins 7& Supply, and Rb is the resistor between
pins  6&7).

Output High time is then given by T1 = 0.7RaC and
Output low time is  T2 = 0.7RbC.

Seasons greetings,

Anthony Butler
G7JWH