laser printer PSUs: was photocopier transformers

Original poster: "by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <Tesla729-at-cs-dot-com>

In a message dated 12/21/01 4:49:35 PM Central Standard Time, tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
writes:

> "Matthew Smith by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <matt-at-kbc-dot-net.au>
>
> Hi all
>
> Whilst on the subject, you get a very similar type of HV PSU out of
> laser printers - probably more of these around available for
> cannibalisation than photocopiers.  (In my previous job, we had about
> six lasers to every photocopier).  Seem to remember +7kV, -7kV and a few
> other odd voltages

Matthew, all,

I seem to recall seeing laser printer PSUs on ebay before but if I
remember correctly, they were quite smallish, probably a few mA
at best, so i would figure that they wouldn't be too suitable for any but
the smallest Tesla project.

David Rieben