Re: Bleeders on PFC caps

Original poster: "Alexander Rice by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <ajjrice-at-yahoo-dot-com>

18/12/2001 23:33:40, "Tesla list" <tesla-at-pupman-dot-com> wrote:

well there are two ways to figure this out, easiest is to know that after 5
RC time costants
the voltae has decayed to about 1% of it's original value - so if you want
to discharge
them almost completely after, say five secondes then the desired time
contant is one
second so desired resistnace is desired time over capacitance = 1/330*10^-6
= 3.3k
ohms
other way is to do it peciseley using

voltage at a time = (original voltage at time 0) e^(-t/rc)

... but ach cann'a be bothered laddie

stay safe

alex

>Original poster: "Jonathan Peakall by way of Terry Fritz
<twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>"
<jpeakall-at-mcn-dot-org>