Re: Streamer Behavior

Original poster: "Metlicka Marc by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <mystuffs-at-orwell-dot-net>

Tesla list wrote:

> Original poster: "Malcolm Watts by way of Terry Fritz
<twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <m.j.watts-at-massey.ac.nz>

> After some experiments a while ago I came to the conclusion that
> buried in a strong power dependence there is a weak sparklength
> dependence on output voltage and (separately) charge availability at
> the terminal.

STRONG POWER DEPENDENCE IS THE DECIDING FACTOR OF THE SIZE OF THE "ION
CLOUD" OR THE CHARGE AT DISTANCE FROM SOURCE. this is easily recognized
as, the higher the energy density at distance "X", the easier the
discharge streamer to form and progress to length.

>     I remember a story from Richard Hull once on testing a coil. The
> nub of it was that at some power (about 6kW I think), he was seeing 2
> -3' streamers. With power increased by a single kW to about 7,
> "suddenly the 8-footers were there".

 Maybe 1kw just enough to supplement charge those first three feet in
the surrounding "ION CLOUD" or charged area? This "MUST" depend on
topload shape! The charge density shape and direction, of different
topload shapes cannot be dismissed.

> Regards,
> Malcolm

Marc M.