RE: photocopier transformers

Original poster: "Loudner, Godfrey by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <gloudner-at-SINTE.EDU>

Hi Thad

The transformer does not output the listed voltage unless the cap is
connected to the extra winding. Those who have successfully used the
transformer for tesla coils don't use the caps and place two in series. By
using a slightly LTR tank cap, the voltage output can be around 10kV.

Godfrey Loudner