Re: TSG with DC?

S>J>Y>: You are correct. You must extinguish your arc by desigh with a DC
coil. I use a series coil to disconect my power from my arc. There has been
a lot of people say it dosent work because the coil is not big enough to
work at low frequency, but they dont look at the frequency of the rise tine
of the arc. I use 15t of wire 3/4 in dia 6 in long coil in my power supply
line as a series disconect choke. When the capacitor charges the arc fires,
the coil reacts to the current and disconects the arc from the power supply.
The arc discharges the capacitor, and the arc stops. Then the coil conducts
recharging the capacitor. I have a 260 pps fire rate with a 15kv 60ma NST
through a rectifier as my full wave power supply. Some one forgot to tell
the bumble bee he couldnt fly so he dose. My unit fires well No one told it
it couldnt. Robert  H.