Gazing balls

Original poster: "by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <Esondrmn-at-aol-dot-com>

Terry,

Well, I went to the sale at Michael Gordon Ltd. today.  As far as gazing balls
go, they are only selling painted ones that are scratched.  I bought a 12" ball
thinking that I could just remove the paint.  It turns out not to be an easy
job.  I tried laquer thinner but it would not touch it.  Now I am working on it
in our parts beader at work.  After about one half hour of work, I have about
20% done.  It will look nice when I do finally get it cleaned up.  There
appears to be a layer of chrome on top of the stainless steel with paint over
that.  I think they buy them all like that then have some painted.

Ed Sonderman